Day 15 - Dreams



Today was necessary. One of my friends went to Canada today, to pursue his studies. All of us went to see him off, and it was a nice goodbye from all of us.
I haven't known the guy for a long time but all of us became closely attached because of college. It's a good group of friends, I'd say.
One of my qualities is jealousy. Not the envious kind, the healthy kind. Where I see someone who is doing better than me or achieving something I want to, and I become inspired. I don't hate that person or wish they never had any of it, but I look for ideas and inspiration from that person in order to achieve the same for me.
From the past couple of years it's been my dream to study and work in a foreign country. Most probably America or Canada, who knows where I'll end up.
But it's been a strong long term goal since as far as I can remember. I've been to the UK and the US before, but that was when I was growing up, and I did my schooling for a couple of years there.
This time it's different, I want to see myself become something, I have goals I want to achieve and places I want to be at, and in order to achieve these goals, it's important for me to be as independent as I can and give my parents an assurance of being able to survive on my own if they decide to let me go.
This friend of mine leaving the country and pursuing his dream is something that fuels me, it motivates me to the maximum extent, and I'm happy for him.
I don't want to follow someone else's dream but I want to use their successes to help fuel mine, to look up to them in some sort of way.
Today was really about that. I visited him and all of us went to see him off at the airport. It was kinda emotional, but we all cleared our throats in the end.
I'm so pumped right now, I just can't wait to achieve so much more, and seeing him go like this, its so so motivating.
I don't want to be a part of the crowd. You have to stand out if you want to people to see you, respect you for what you've achieved.
Going to a different country for studies isn't an achievement, but it's a start for alot of them. There are so many opportunities to grab hold of, even though a couple of years are left for me to apply and go, I'm ready.
I can't wait. Hopefully I'll be writing my blogs till then, to tell you all about it.
Thanks for the consistent support, hopefully you all have dreams and something or someone to look up to.
A like, comment or share is always appreciated.
Much Love!

Comments