Day 17 - Idiots



Today was great. Everything was perfect.
This situation changed the moment we decided to book my hotel tickets for Mumbai.
So I'm attending the IIT Techfest in a couple of weeks. Obviously to stay and travel I've booked train tickets and hotel tickets.
Now just to make sure everythings set, I cross check my dates again. To my surprise the techfest has been extended by one day. Without any notice, without any warning, they've decided to add one more day to the summit. Now I have to change my bookings or cancel them and rebook them. I have to pay any extra charges that may occur in the process. Basically a whole lot of problems for me, where I'm not even the one in fault.
Now, the first thing I do is I contact the administrator of the summit, tell him about the dilemma and ask for a solution.
He tells me that it's cool if you attend the 2 days of the summit as you were going to, all you have to do is send in an email with your query and attach proof of your travel tickets, that you actually can't attend the third day as you have booked your tickets already. This is all a hastle trust me. It's not as easy as it sounds.
I've lost all trust in these idiots, because if they can just add a day without warning or informing us, whats the guarantee that they will give me my certificate even if I submit my query and proof.
If I hadn't decided to check up on their website about the dates, who knows what wouldve happened.
Such a respected college, the best in India, IIT Bombay, and they have this shit coordination and administration systems which resembles that of a shitty college. What you expect is not what you get in this situation.
Now me being paranoid, I ask him everything just to confirm every little detail of the summit. I find out that it's compullsary for me to bring in my laptop with some pre-installed software which would be necessary for the summit workshops.
At this point I'm furious, 9 days prior to the summit, which is in a different state, I'm getting all this new information which is neither mentioned on their site or elsewhere. The more questions I ask, more new info I get.
I want to attend all the three days, but it's risky to stay in a city like Mumbai on the night of a new year. There's drunks, kidnappers and all kinds of weird people roaming the streets and the trains. If my luck is loose, who knows what could happen.
So it's a problem for me to attend the third day, and it's a problem for me to only attend two days, because what about the certificate.
This is so stupid and just dumb. How could you expect this from the country's best college.
I'm in a dilemma, but it's late here, and me and my dad have decided to deal with the situation tomorrow.
Hopefully things work out and I do end up getting the certificate.
This is bullshit.
Sorry about the language and thanks for reading.
Much Love.

Comments