Day 163 - Results



Hey everyone, thanks for checking back!
Today was a day full of mixed emotions. To your left you'd see someone cry, to the right someone ecstatic.
Today was the day we got our results. The end semester examinations ended a week ago, and most of us were eagerly waiting for our results to come in.
I had completely blocked myself out for the past month from everything just to focus on the finals and convert any bad grades I had.
Luckily, it turned out pretty good for me. I was expecting to appear for re-examinations of two subjects, but I managed to barely pass one of them and now I have to only deal with one. (I've mentioned this in the previous blog).
So, we also had our ID (Inter-Disciplinary Course) Displays today. All of us choose one subject from a bag of different courses to learn throughout the semester. It's like an extra subject, but one which you are actually excited about, as you've chosen it.
We prepared a short film about Racism over the course of 3 weeks, and we had to display the film in front of the faculties this morning. This was a breeze, everything went well and our professor was very pleased with the outcome.
Meanwhile, our subject papers were being shown in our respective classrooms and all of us were nervous for one paper in particular. Signals & Systems.
So this is a subject which isn't one of our core subjects, I mean it is, but for our stream it isn't that important.
Everyone was afraid of having to appear for re-examinations for this one subject. It would ruin the summer vacations and plus you'd have to tell your parents about it.
I had to score 28 from 40, but I only managed to get 20. I fell short. I expected it. To be honest, I was never able to cling to the subject that easily, and scoring 50% in the finals was even better than I had expected.
I'm not scared about the re-examination, I'm pretty confident that I'll clear the subject.
This wasn't the case for a couple of my friends though. They weren't ready to digest the fact that they would have to appear for the re-examinations.
This led to them tampering their exam sheets. They added extra marks inside the supplementary and forged the teachers signature in the front.
While a few of the students added 5-10 marks, one of the girls decided to add 20 marks, otherwise she wouldn't pass.
She sat down with her exam sheet, as soon as our professor gave them to us for cross-checking.
She wrote a couple of the answers, checked them herself, and signed the paper. She gave it back to the professor in the end and hoped everything would be fine.
Now seeing this, a couple of her friends thought it would be alright to forge the teacher's signature themselves.
So 4 students out of 50, including the girl I mentioned, do the deed. They give back their answer sheets and leave.
I leave the university and head home. A couple of hours later, our professor sends a message in our WhatsApp group, that he'd like to see "the following students in his staff room immediately, otherwise their marks wouldn't be uploaded :"
  1. The girl I mentioned
  2. Her friend
  3. One more guy friend
  4. One random girl
The three people (1,2,3) are my friends, the 4th girl was a random one, she decided to be discrete and she still failed to pass. We found out about her tampering case when our professor mentioned her in the chat.
So yeah, their worst nightmare came to life, and they were called into the Registrar's office.
He controls all the mishaps in the B.Tech department.
Turns out, the girl who had checked the paper herself (Girl 1), had done it in such a shit way, our professor figured it out the instant he saw the answer sheet again.
Because of her, everyone was under suspicion and he decided to check each and every paper again for any changes the students might have done themselves.
Now bear in mind, while there were only a couple of students who'd have to appear for the re-examination, 4 people randomly disappear from the list.
As they were in the office, a couple of other teachers were also there. They passed the girl's answer sheet around, scolding her and "praising" her for her efforts.
If this wasn't enough for them to feel guilty, the Registrar decides to call their parents tomorrow and gives them three options:
  1. Re -  examinations
  2. ATKT (Allowed to keep terms)
  3. Rustication
So out of these three options, re-examination was a hard one to get now, rustication was a bit to extreme as per the University norms, so I guess they'll decide to go with an ATKT for all the students.
The final decision hasn't been made yet, we'll get to know tomorrow about that, but yeah, that was something.
Today was a day of self realisation for a lot of people. Hopefully they'll be able to reflect back on the mistakes they made today, to prevent them from happening in the future.
Its crazy how someone's life can change in a fraction of seconds.
I'm happy I didn't decide to cheat. I would've been kicked out the house for doing that. Maybe I've learnt something very important too.
Sometimes it just feels like people are running away from themselves. Its to tough for some people to accept the fact that it is their fault. Even after such a dreadful day, the students decide to blame each other or the teacher or someone else, but never themselves.
That's one of the problem's I guess.
Thanks for reading. Much Love.
Check back in tomorrow for the rest of the ride.
Share, Subscribe and like!

Comments